These flavorful fajitas will be your new favorite weeknight meal!
In this episode of Ask Aida, she shows us an easy one-pot recipe for kickin’ fajitas.
It’s Friday night and you need to whip up a quick meal before heading out for the night. Try Aida Mollenkamp’s easy and quick chipotle chicken fajitas.
Most of the prep time comes from chopping up the chicken and vegetables; if you’re frugal with your time you can store your chopped vegetables in the fridge prior. You can also marinade the chicken overnight for extra flavor.
Once you’ve got everything prepped, just get frying pan ready to go with some canola oil. Saute the marinated chicken until cooked and then transfer to a plate. Cook the garlic, onions, and bell peppers in the same pan.
After the vegetables are finished cooking, put the chicken back in with low-sodium chicken broth and oregano. Let everything simmer together and reduce to make a nice chipotle flavored sauce.
Serve with Spanish rice or warmed tortillas—whatever your favorite might be. Don’t forget the pico de gallo salsa, sour cream, and guacamole for extra flavor!
Chipotle Chicken Fajitas Ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut lengthwise into strips
- 1 chipotle en adobo, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 medium red onion, quartered and sliced crosswise ½ inch thick
- 3 medium cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 medium bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and sliced into strips
- ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth or water
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh oregano
- 6 to 8 flour tortillas, warmed for serving
- Pico de Gallo salsa, optional for serving
- Guacamole, optional for serving
- Sour cream, optional for serving