Meatless Monday serves breakfast for dinner!
This hearty combo of dark leafy greens and fresh fried egg will satisfy you—sans meat.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and you shouldn’t miss it. But nowhere does it say that you can’t have 2 breakfasts, or breakfast for dinner!
Personally, I love breakfast for dinner. It’s simple, filling, and easy to cleanup.
Katie Lee shows us not only an easy dish, but a healthy one too! Her creamy kale and eggs is packed with protein and vitamins.
Her protein punch and creaminess comes from the addition of Greek yogurt to the sautéed kale. The fried egg yolk also gives extra flavor and protein.
Serve with toasted crusty bread to soak up every last bit! And when it’s not Meatless Monday, perhaps add a slice of bacon or ham on the side.
Creamy Kale & Eggs Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped leeks, white and pale green parts only
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and cut crosswise into thin ribbons
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 4 slices crusty bread, toasted