You don’t have to be beachside to enjoy this bountiful bowl of vegetables.
It’s Meatless Monday and you need a quick meal to cool off, put this simple summer salad together.
Jamie Deen’s name might be synonymous with heavy, Southern food. (Ahem, Paula and butter).
He shows us he’s not just a one-trick pony with this vibrant summer salad. He even claims that his kids love it!
Jamie Deen’s Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad is full of fresh, summertime vegetables that will fill your salad with full-bodied flavor. Grape tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, and onions get a quick grill to bring out their delicious flavor.
Once the vegetables are done on the grill, place them on top of a bed of arugula and fresh basil. Dress with a light drizzle of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
If you’re in need of a carb side dish, I like to add some grilled bread slices. You could also add herbed goat cheese to the toast slices if you need even more.
Grilled Veggie Summer Salad Ingredients:
- One 10.5 ounce container grape tomatoes
- 2 small zucchini, sliced lengthwise into ½ inch thick pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into quarters
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced into quarters
- ½ medium red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 handfuls arugula
- ¼ cup roughly chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar